Hot Lava shell is very soothing and gentle. It’s a good choice if you like heat and just want to relax. Also can be specific muscle aches and pains that wanted the therapist to address. For the ultimate, calming massage, the Hot Lava Shells Relax treatment is the soothing solution. As the therapist glides the marine polished sea shells smoothly over the body, you will instantly drift into a blanket of warmth, falling into a state of utter relaxation and calm. During the massage, the shells are worked over the palms, arms, neck and shoulder area, with the focus of the massage surrounding pressure points. Deep tissue work on these tension areas such as the feet, back and shoulders, ease away all muscle tension, knots and stress points, unblocking an energy flow and releasing a sense of balance to the entire body and mind.
The original Lava Shell massages which acts as a natural colonic on the digestive system and provides deep relaxation. Experience the warmth and soothing relief of the Tropics as the therapist glides the smooth Lava Shells around the body tummy area, stimulating circulation to remove blockages and provide relief from bloating, discomfort and IBS. The heat from the lava shells also stimulates blood supply resulting in healthier looking skin whilst the deep tissue pressure point massage eases away muscle tension, releases energy flow and restores a sense of balance to the entire body and mind.
What can I expect During a Hot Lava Shell Massage?
I started face down and the therapist lightly massaged my body, using the long traditional strokes of Swedish massage while holding the shells. The shells are real Tiger Clam shells from the Philippines, a staple of the local diet. The heat comes from inside, due to a sachet of minerals, dried sea kelp, and algae that is mixed with salt water and essential oils. The combination causes a chemical reaction and heat that lasts one to two hours.
What I really liked was how the clam shell fit into the palm of her hand, so I could feel both the heat of the clam shell and the touch of her fingertips. They are also highly polished, so they glided easily over my skin and felt very nice.
I also liked the fact that the Lava Shells held their heat longer than stone, so she didn’t have to interrupt the massage to switch out the stones as often.
People also get hot stone massage for a variety of health conditions:
- Back pain and aches
- Poor circulation
- Promotes deep muscle and tissue relaxation
- Alleviates stress
- Releases toxins
- Relieves pain
- Improves circulation
- Calms the psyche
Health Conditions Treated with Hot Stone Massage
- Muscular aches and pains
- Back Pain
- Stress, Anxiety
- Circulatory problems
Massage is not recommended for certain people:
- People with infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds
- Immediately after surgery
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor
- People prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage
- Pregnant women should check with their doctor first if they are considering getting a massage. Massage in pregnant women should be done by massage therapists who are certified in pregnancy massage.
Massage should not be done directly over bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, tumors, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures.
Additional Hot Shell Massage Tips
- Don’t eat a heavy meal before the massage
- If it’s your first time at the clinic or spa, arrive at least 10 minutes early to complete the necessary forms. Otherwise, arrive 5 minutes early so you can have a few minutes to rest and relax before starting the massage.