A body exfoliation is a treatment that offers deep hydration as it exfoliates away dead skin cells. Your skin is left smooth and soft with results lasting a long time.
The Soothe body exfoliation focuses on relaxing stressed skin, including sun damaged, sensitive and reactive skin types. Your skin is restored to a calm, supple, and soft state.
What to expect when I book a body exfoliation at Sabai Thai Spa:
You will be escorted to your treatment room by your spa practitioner. She will instruct you on how to disrobe and how to position yourself on the bed, and leave the room so you can get ready. You will begin your treatment face-down on a padded massage table covered with a towel. The therapist will return and start by rhythmically rubbing the exfoliating agent on your back, the backs of your arms, and the backs of your legs and feet. You are always professionally draped with a towel or sheet, so only the part she is working on is exposed. Once the back is finished, you will be instructed to turn over so she can work on the front of your legs, feet, hands, arms, shoulders, décolleté and stomach.
When the therapist is finished, you will be shown to the shower to rinse off. Be sure to rinse thoroughly so you don’t take little granules back to the table. And don’t use shower gel – the product is designed to be rinsed off gently with warm water, with the added benefit of the oils on the skin being gradually absorbed.
If you step into the shower, the therapist will put clean sheets on the treatment table while you’re showering and step out of the room again. You dry off and lie face-down on the treatment table underneath a sheet or towel. Then the therapist returns and applies a customized body lotion for the hydrating lotion massage. Sabai Thai Spa Body Exfoliations include a complimentary full body massage using your customized lotion blend.
Benefits of Body Exfoliation Soothe:
- General Relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Smoothes and softens entire body
- Calms reactive and/or sensitive skin to restore natural, relaxed balance
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking.
Can also help relieve the following conditions:
Sluggishness, fatigue, depression, anxiety, insomnia, skin irritation & ichiness
Recommendations by Sabai Thai Spa for Soothe Body Scrub:
Soothe Body Exfoliation can be booked at Sabai Thai Spa as a stand alone treatment, or in addition to another treatment. For example, we recommend the 60 minute Bliss Facial to follow the 30 minute Detox Body Exfoliation.
Home Care Products to use after your Detox Body Exfoliation:
- Stone Crop Body Lotion: Soothing, calming and restorative. Repairs skin damage
- Coconut Cream Body Scrub: Delicate body scrub for sensitive skin